- An ocean refuses no river. Expanding the borders of international cooperation. S. Spek, L. Bouters, K. Thienpont. International Circular of Graphic Education and Research, No. 10, 2017, pp. 4-7.
- Towards a typology for B2B application platforms. U. Buchinger, S. Spek, H. Ranaivoson, S. Lindmark. Proceedings of the 25th European Regional Conference of the International Telecommunications Society (ITS), Brussels, Belgium, 22-25 June 2014.
- Crowdsourcing the movies. A business analysis of crowdfinanced moviemaking in small geographical markets. O. Braet, S. Spek and C. Pauwels. Journal of Media Business Studies 10(1), pp. 2–25.
- Business Impact Assessment for Autonomic Network Management: Identifying Business Impact Indicators From Use Case Requirements. S. Spek, V. Gonçalves and S. Delaere. Proceedings of The 6th International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies (UBICOMM), 23–28 September 2012, Barcelona, pp. 142–147.
- Qualitative Market Opportunity Assessment for Mobile Services. S. Spek and O. Braet. Proceedings of the International Conference on Mobile Business (ICMB), 21–22 June 2012.
- Analysis of future internet business scenarios supported by autonomic management. V. Gonçalves, S. Spek, M. Stamatelatos, C. Destré, M. Gruber and S. Delaere. IEEE 17th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD), 17–19 September 2012, Barcelona, pp. 181–185.
Selection of older publications
- Zoek de rode draad. Innovatie in het hart van de redactie. (2011) S. Spek. In: Persinnovatie. Uitgeven in het digitale tijdperk. Eds. J. Bierhoff, pp. 47–56.
- Crowdfunding the movies: A business analysis to support moviemaking in small markets. (2010) O. Braet and S. Spek. Proceedings of Euro-ITV.
- A Silent Revolution: Embedded publishing and its consequences for the newspaper sector. (2009) S. Spek and J. Bierhoff. Proceedings of EMMA Conference.